Marktlink is the M&A boutique market leader in the Dutch mid-market. With 75 staff members, we support over 80 transactions with a deal value of between €2.5 and €250 million each year. In 2018, Marktlink supported transactions worth almost €1 billion in total. Marktlink has the ambition to grow to 150 staff members, with offices in Belgium (where an ambitious new partner started recently), Germany and the UK. Marktlink distinguishes itself in the M&A market for its energetic, no-nonsense and above all entrepreneurial approach; Marktlink – getting deals done! Do you want to help expand this company internationally?
Duties and responsibilities
- Building the German office as a partner (preferably in Düsseldorf).
- Acquiring and completing M&A transactions in the German mid-market.
- Drawing up and fleshing out an ambitious business plan for the German market in cooperation with the other Marktlink partners and colleagues.
- Devising and carrying out commercial and marketing activities to put Marktlink on the map in Germany.
- Putting together a close and ‘winning’ team, initially of three to four team members, and in the long term growing to at least 15 team members.
- Developing new business, proactive prospecting with (1) existing clients in other countries, who want to develop activities in Germany, (2) potential clients in Germany, (3) potential German clients intending to make acquisitions in other countries in which Marktlink is active.
- Raising support for the new German entity within Marktlink, enthusing the organisation and stimulating internal referrals for assignments in Germany.
- Realising achievable, but ambitious revenue targets with quality results.
- Participating in internal projects and initiatives aimed at the development of the company as a whole.
- Demonstrable successes in deal-making in the German mid-market and acquiring new Corporate Finance business in Germany;
- Active and high-quality German network;
- Native German speaker, fluency in English and Dutch is an advantage;
- At least 10 years’ experience in Corporate Finance Advisory, with professional work experience gained at:
- Big 4 Corporate Finance
- Corporate Finance at a bank
- Independent Corporate Finance “Boutique”
- Strong focus on high-quality service provision and assignment performance;
- An excellent CV in terms of professional qualifications and career path;
- Technically strong, generating trust through expertise;
- Outgoing personality, communicatively strong, commercially energetic, driven ‘entrepreneur’;
- High IQ and EQ; analytically sharp, numerically excellent and strong strategic insight.
Why is the opportunity interesting?
- ‘Best of both worlds’:
o One the one hand, the job is a real pioneering role; setting up a new office;
o On the other hand, the business in the Netherlands and Belgium is strong already, which brings with it accelerated growth and support from day 1;
- A network of Dutch and Belgian clients who also want to be or become active in Germany;
- Part of an international M&A network (GGI/GCG);
- Brand, a way of working and track record;
- An experienced team that is able to provide support, if necessary;
- A substantial marketing budget will be made available from the start;
- Back office support includes marketing, IT, website, HR and recruitment;
- Direct support from consultants in the Netherlands available;
- The partner will become a shareholder in the German office with a market-rate management fee. After a few years, an opportunity will be given to convert shares into Marktlink Holding shares.